Sunday, January 3, 2010

Properties of Gemstones

It can be fun to pick your jewelry according to your moods; it might even help you out to wear certain stones when you're engaged in certain activities. Various gemstones are said to have metaphysical and healing properties; we don't know if that is true or not, but here's a list of a few gemstones and the properties that they are supposed to embody. Click on any photo to learn more about the featured piece.


Snowflake Obsidian is supposed to protect against nightmares and emotional draining.



Sodalite is believed to purify your aura. It will also protect you from negative energy generated by people around you.



Wear Tanzanite to increase psychic abilities and enhance spiritual connectedness.



Tiger's Eye is said to promote clear thinking. Wearing it may help you manifest your will by increasing your courage and confidence.



Topaz is supposed to soothe physical pain, promote peace and calm emotions, as well as promoting forgiveness. It is believed to promotes individuality, self-confidence, and creativity. It is also said to ounteract negative emotions.


The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful items with lots of powers, adore the blue topaz earrings.

mcstoneworks said...

What eye candy. Beautiful pieces. I think I need to make myself a necklace with all types of gemstones so I can absorb all of the wonderful properties gemstones profess to have. lol

FeatheredGems said...

Lovely work shown here, as usual! I think I need to save these lists of properties so I can use them in my item descriptions!

Leilani said...

More beautiful examples of gemstones. Thanks for including my tiger eye cuff.

N Valentine Studio said...

This is great! I used to collect stones, I've stopped lately but I love hearing about all the properties!

Caron Michelle said...

Just love exploring the properties behind the gemstones, fascinating!