Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Featured Shop: Accent Yourself

Accent Yourself has an ecclectic collection of handmade sterling silver jewelry. Barb enjoy making all sorts of things, so you never know what may show up in her Etsy shop! Click on any photo to get more information:


Moonstone, sterling silver, and circles. . . This pair of earrings was an attempt to try my hand at wirewrapping with fine gauge wire & small faceted beads. I don't normally do much wirewrapping, but had a lovely strand of rainbow moonstones (one of my favorite stones!), so I started with these!



This is a rather large, bulky piece of green sea glass that I wrapped with sterling silver wire. Portions of the wire are hammered, for a different look. To keep with the laid back, hodge podge feeling for this necklace, you can see that the bail wrap is a bit on the sloppy side. I actually like the look of messy wire work for sea glass. For fancy brios or finer gem stones, I'll use a more uniform (or perfect) wrap. . . but for these I say, "Hang loose!"



Here is a dagger-shaped pendant made with piece of sea foam beach glass that I drilled and wrapped with sterling silver wire. It most likely is a piece of a Coke bottle that broke and smoothed in the ocean
.


Like hoops? Need a pair of earrings that goes with everything? This is the pair for you!



This adorable flower necklace is made with 5 (what I think are) blue green amazonite briolette beads wire-wrapped together with sterling silver wire. In the center, I've "sewn" in chocolate brown Czech glass beads with fine beading wire.


The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Barb Macy said...

Wow! What a nice surprise! And, I wasn't even around to see it! Thanks for featuring me!