Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flow it, show it, long as God can grow it ...


... my HAIR!
When I go to my hairdresser's, he'll look at me and say "What are we going to do today?" I give him a look back in the mirror and he'll say "As much as necessary, as little as possible." And I nod. The hairdresser before him (he moved, so I had to look for a new one) often tried to convince to try something new, unconventional, sassy. Poor guy, I wonder if he was very frustrated by me. The one now is smarter or maybe not as ready for discussion? ;-)
The hair up there is mine by the way, a few years ago, though. I have darkened back to my original color because I didn't want to stay blond and copper all my life. It takes time to get those blond strands grown out!

Often I get asked about the great things I can do with my hair. Well, I can't, it's too heavy for me to do it all by myself. My sister once put my hair up with lots of hairpins, but I was afraid to move my head! Still I absolutely love to look at bands and ribbons and pins and so I took the liberty and browsed SATeam's shops for you a bit.
Here is what I have found.

Look at this beautiful hair wine by Alatvian for example. I would totally wear that for a big night out.


For You Designs takes you back to when you put a flower behind your ear for the very first time. This flower is attached to a pin to hold it in your hair safely. It comes in different colors, but my favorite is the bronze one.


Have you ever been to a Ren Faire? I haven't, but I would like to. Although strictly this is an elven headdress, I think I could wear it there, too. It's beautiful chainmaille from Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements.


That's not all I have found for my hair and I'm sure if you look for it you'll find something for yours as well. Have fun!

The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

4 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

I'm jealous, Cat. Your hair is gorgeous. I love the color. I tried being a strawberry blonde, but my hair has too much natural gold in it. It always faded to blonde after a couple of weeks.

Great hair accessories. Just goes to show you, that jewelry has many applications.

Unknown said...

I just recently had my hair cut from almost bum length to just below my shoulders - I love my new look! B.C. (before Cut) I always kept it in a pony tail. Boring. Now it's sassy and it would be great to use any of these hair accessories to jazz it up even more!

Caron Michelle said...

Wow - stunning! Both your hair and the adornments! Great post.

Happileerving said...

That's some long hair Cat! Beautiful hair accessories too.