Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A song in my head


I like to play games, you might remember the one with the clouds.
Let's do a little variation today.

Sometimes I look at a piece (of jewelry, of nature, of fabric, of ... I'm running out of ideas now) and it reminds me of a song.
So I packed my little backpack to go for another stroll through SATeam's shops, of course taking my muse with me - and you. Even if a technique is totally different, those browsing tours give me ideas, but first of all they are fun and it is easy to get lost on the way. There is so much to see, so if you are ready, let's go!

I'll show you some pieces of jewelry and you can find my own "solutions" at the end of the post.

1. SilvahSurfah pendant by ROCKnWOW


2. Bee Happy necklace by AJ Design Jewelry


3. Pride bracelet by Distinction Jewelry


4. Juicy red strawberry lampwork earrings from Erika Price Designs


The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

And here they come now - my answers!

1. That was easy, wasn't it? It's "Surfin' USA" by the Beach Boys of course!

2. Although this is a bee, it made me think of Nikolai Rimski-Korsakow's "Flight of the bumble bee". My brain does that with me.

3. Did you see the rainbow colors? The song is "Over the rainbow" sung by Judy Garland in "The Wizard of Oz", one of my all-time favorite songs.

4. I love The Beatles. The answer is "Strawberry fields forever"!


Oh, and by the way, playing with associations is a good exercise for the brain .... ;-)

6 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

How clever! Entertaining post as usual, Cat.

Unknown said...

Great post Cat! I love how your mind works :D

Anonymous said...

Super post and lovely pieces.

Caron Michelle said...

Great post - now I'm humming those tunes!

tjrjewellery said...

Thanks for the wonderful post Cat! Always a pleasure to read them!

Cindy said...

What a great theme to showcase a lovely collection of pieces! Now I'm humming Strawberry Fields...