Thursday, December 23, 2010

Little Christmas eve

Well since Christmas is nearing, I thought I'd tell you all a little bit about how we celebrate the Holiday here in Denmark. In Denmark we call today "Little Christmas eve", because our celebrations are held on the eve of December 24th. We don't have to wait for Santa till Christmas morning, we get our presents before we go to bed on the 24th. Most people spend today, making the last preparations for Christmas, maybe doing some baking or decorating the Christmas tree. 

Christmas tree from my parents house

Here in Denmark we have lots of pine cone trees, so our Christmas trees are natural trees. Most of us will be eating rice pudding tonight, because it is used in our traditional Christmas dessert "Ris a'la mande". We play a game of hiding an almond in the dessert, and the one who gets it, will receive a present. I could probably tell you lot's more, but I'd like to get back to the celebrations. So to end this post, I will give you a few holiday inspired pieces from our talented SAteam members.







I wish you all a happy "small Christmas eve" - Danagonia

The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

6 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

Thank you Camilla, for sharing some of your country's Christmas traditions. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Cat said...

Thanks for sharing, Camilla.
I love to hear from other countries :-D
Have a lovely and peaceful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Thx for telling us about your tradition. Very nice and xmasy jewelry. Wish you a very Happy Christmas and a creative New Year.

Caron Michelle said...

Beautiful post Camilla, may you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

tjrjewellery said...

Ditto what has already been said - thank you for sharing Camilla!

Atelier MariT said...

I love to hear about traditions from other countries, thanks for telling us a bit about yours.
I wish everyone Merry Christmas !