Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

My earliest memories of Valentine’s Day are of choosing valentines for my classmates and cutting them out of my valentine book.


Vintage valentine photo by Karen Horton/flickr.com

Preparing the valentines was a process that took several evenings, as I had to choose just the right one for each person and then cut them out, one by one. I would select really nice ones for my best friends. For the boys in my class that I didn’t really like, I had to find some that were polite, but didn’t suggest anything. And for the boy I had a crush on, well, that was the toughest selection of all… I had to find one that suggested that he was great, but it couldn’t be too obvious that I liked him. It had to strike just the right balance. Ah, the life of a 10 year old!

The way I celebrate Valentine’s Day now has changed of course. But the spirit of Valentine’s Day remains the same. It’s a time to tell the people that are most important to me just how much they matter.

So go ahead and tell your loved ones how much you love them.

Happy Valentine’s Day!















Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current Etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

17 comments:

Cat said...

Happy Valentine's! :-)

You picked some lovely examples!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, and enjoy the lovely pieces from SATeam!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine'e day.
How different the "traditions" are in diffent countries. The first time I got to know about "Valentine" was when I turned 21 or so. Valentine's day in Germany is pretty "young".
Very nice occasion and beautiful examples.

Atelier MariT said...

Happy Valentine'day!Very nice examples!

mcstoneworks said...

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day.

Great SATeam examples.

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

Enjoy the chocolates, flowers and other gifts you may receive but the best gift of all is knowing you are loved...Happy Valentine's Day SATeam...you are loved!

Marie Cristine said...

Happy Valentines day! Great choices for this pecial day.

tjrjewellery said...

Lovely jewelery, and I enjoyed the trip down memory lane to grade school!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the picks from everyone's shops that symbolize the holiday... very nice!

For You Jewellery Designs said...

All beautiful - and I hope every has had a lovely Valentines :-)
Love to SATeam!
Tasha

Heather Schon said...

I heart all the lovely items.

LunaCatJewels said...

Happy Valentines Day! Lovely Pieces from the SaTeam!

Stacie @ azoho.com said...

I love *love*, and hearts. Wonderful selections here!

MaribelleCampa said...

Happy Valentine'S Day!! A big hug from Puerto Rico!!

Happileerving said...

What great memories your post brings back.

Anonymous said...

I love valentines day but I think it was more fun in elementary school when we would make little bags for the cards and tape it to our desks then we would all go and put our cards to everyone in the bags..

Leilani said...

Fabulous love designs!