Monday, April 25, 2011

Favorite Tool - Bead Stopper


This is a handy little tool. It may seem very simple but it can prevent a lot of re stringing when assembling bracelets etc.

It's called a Bead Stopper. The little spring opens up and clamps around your stringing medium. I've used it on Fireline type medium, waxed cord, ribbon and elastic and it holds well on all of them. It holds pretty tight. I can pick my pieces up, and handle them quite a bit without the worry about the beads sliding off.

I like that I can work on assembling my piece without using crimps. I can take out or add beads without much hassle.

I purchased mine at Micheals. I've seen them in most bead shops. A small purchase that will save you a lot of grief!

8 comments:

Happileerving said...

My Mom uses these all the time and swears by them.

mcstoneworks said...

Great little tool, Nicole. Nothing worse than having beads go everywhere after you've spent the time putting a piece of jewelry together.

Ava said...

That's a nice little tool.

Koolbraider said...

The humble Bead Stopper was probably one of the best buy tools I have ever made! If you have ever had a fully strung necklace come off the wire when lifting it you will know why it's fantastic.

Caron Michelle said...

Definitely one of my favourite tools, have a number of them!

Atelier MariT said...

It seems quite handy, thanks for sharing!

DawninCal said...

I use binder clips for the same purpose, but can see how this tool would work way better!

And, yea...I've done the dreaded strung necklace slips through your fingers and beads go everywhere move. Especially annoying when one of the beads goes missing after flying across the room!

Jeanne/J3Jewelry said...

I have lots of these guys. Love 'em!!!