Monday, April 18, 2011

Favorite Tool - My Kiln




I have a Jen Ken bead annealing kiln, I have the octagonal kiln with a bead door. I like that I could fuse a plate in it if I wanted, there is enough room for that. I have bricks filling in the back 1/2 of the kiln and mandrel racks in front of them to place my mandrels in. It has a Bartlett digital controller I adore! I can program 4 different programs into it and after baby sitting my old kiln while it ramped down for a couple years I decided to get a digital controller when I got this kiln. Money well spent!

6 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

I don't know anything about kilns, but yours sounds pretty cool. It sure helps you create some gorgeous lampwork beads.

Erika Price said...

Oooh, I'm drooling over your fancy digital kiln!

Cat said...

I second what Michele said!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid I don't know anything about kilns either, but it sure sounds useful.

Caron Michelle said...

Another brand to check out - thanks Nicole.

DawninCal said...

What a cool kiln! The digital programming must make life so much easier.

Not sure what I'd do with it, but I want one!